Tuesday, May 03, 2005

A busy few days

Last week I attended the RCGP 10th annual conference on drugs, "10 years on, looking back and moving forward" a silly title I think. Anyway, I hope to link and report from that in the next few days.
Today was my GP day and I felt rusty from the word go. It's a long time since I reported an ECG. When I arrived at the surgery I found an ECG I had requested a couple of weeks ago had actually been done - the patient had turned up for the investigation! Unfortunately our ECG machine generates a report and it seems as if any slight deviation from the norm has to be reported. I thought the ECG was normal, the machine disagreed. Thankfully my partner was on my side .... but I felt so rusty I decided a crash course in ECG reading had to be done. Watch out for a further report ASAP.

No comments: